5 Tips To Maximize Your Hair’s Health And Beauty
More than your face, your hair is probably the first thing that people notice about you.
It is, after all, one of the most unique features that a person can have.
It’s bound to be attention-grabbing, especially if it looks nice and soft to the touch.
Most of the time, healthy hair texture doesn’t come effortlessly. Though you may think that some people are just lucky to have naturally nice hair, there’s actually a reason behind that.
Everyone knows that proper hair care is key to getting those gorgeous locks, but it’s also about proper overall self-care.
Bringing Your Hair to Its Best Condition
Many people feel that having healthy-looking hair is just a stroke of luck—something that they can achieve when the universe tells them that today is a “good hair day”.
The good news is, it’s actually possible to have a “good hair day” every day. Of course, there are things that you must actively do in order to achieve that.
Are you ready to tweak your daily routine so you can finally feel proud of your hair at any day of the week?
Listed below are five simple tips that can permanently change your hair game for the better:
1. Look After Your Nutrition
You can blow dry your hair every day to give it more volume, but the real secret behind having healthy and beautiful hair is good nutrition.
Without the right nutrients, your hair will not have the “tools” to transform itself into that healthy crowning glory that you’ve always wanted.
Here are the key nutrients your hair needs for it to look and feel the way you want it to:
- Protein: Your hair contains considerable amounts of protein. Hence, protein from meat, fish, eggs, dairy, beans, and leafy greens aren’t only great for muscle building, they’re also recommended for hair growth and health. That’s because protein is crucial in maintaining your hair’s life cycle. If you don’t consume enough protein, your hair will start falling out more than usual after two or three months.
- Iron: Another important nutrient for hair health is iron. Just like protein, consuming low amounts of iron will lead to early hair fall out. Iron deficiency isn’t only bad for your blood, it’s also bad for your hair. Healthy sources of iron include pumpkin seeds, beans, spinach, oysters, and clams. As for iron supplements, make sure that you consult with your doctor first before taking them.
- Biotin Supplements: This is the B vitamin that helps minimize hair loss. Hence, biotin supplements can be the answer if you’re currently dealing with thinning hair. If you suspect that you’re lacking in biotin, consult your doctor so they can assess whether a biotin supplement would help you out.
- Vitamins C and E: Aside from boosting your body’s immunity, Vitamins C and E also play a huge role in the consistent production of collagen. Not only does this promote healthier skin, but it also creates stronger hair strands.
Following a balanced diet isn’t only good for maintaining a healthy weight. The next time you take your diet for granted, remember that it’s also the key to getting great hair.
2. Brush Before You Wash Your Hair
Detangling your hair before washing it can keep it strong over time.
Oftentimes, people only brush their hair after washing, but that will only make the hair more prone to breakage.
On the other hand, brushing before washing will distribute the oils from the scalp to your hair tips. Plus, it will be easy to shampoo and style afterwards without all those tangles.
3. Style with Care
Heat styling can make your hair look pretty in the moment, but using the wrong tools for the job can ruin your hair.
That’s why it’s important that you invest in flat irons and other products that make use of ionic technology. These tools will keep your hair moisturized as you have fun with your hairstyles.
Air drying your hair as much as possible is also recommended before blow drying it. This will keep your hair from getting damaged by excessive heat.
4. Use Hair Care Products with Milder Ingredients
Many cases of hair fall and breakage result from hair products that contain harsh ingredients.
If you’re always using hair treatment products like bleach and other chemicals, it can lead to damaged and thinner hair.
Even daily hair-styling products like hairsprays, gels, and wax can dry your hair and make it look dull in its non-styled form.
To solve this, you can either limit the use of hair-styling products, or you can switch to products that have natural and milder ingredients.
Of course, these products may be more expensive than your usual ones, but they could at least lessen your trips for hair treatments, something that can be a good trade in terms of overall costs.
5. Avoid Stress at All Costs
You probably already know how bad constant stress is for your mental well-being. It’s hard to get things done and feel happy when you’re constantly worried. Along with that, your physical health also suffers as you deal with stress.
Unfortunately, one of the first physical manifestations of stress is bad skin and hair. That’s because your body will begin releasing more stress hormones into your bloodstream. As a result, these hormones will prevent the body’s healthy mechanisms from operating properly.
That’s one of the simple explanations why stressed people tend to say that their current state isn’t “their normal”. Thus, it makes sense that better hair really starts with better health.
Conclusion: Beautiful Hair Comes from Healthy Hair Products and Habits
No matter how you faithfully use the best hair products available out there, you will only undo their power if you don’t follow other healthy habits.
Always remember that having beautiful hair isn’t just about the products that you put on it. It’s also as much about what you eat and drink.
Of course, you must also actively avoid the things that will only damage your hair in the long run.
This will allow you to create a hair care routine that focuses on maintaining its health and shine.
Laura Jones is our chief editor and driving force behind this blog. She also works as a beauty consultant specializing in research and development of innovative and new age beauty products.She believes that sharing knowledge is the best way to improve the quality of life.