How To Use GiGi Student Starter Waxing Kit January 2019
One of the most popular method of hair removal is waxing. With many professional quality home waxing kits available today, it is quite convenient to perform waxing at the comfort of your home. You can even save your time and money by skipping your regular sessions with a professional salon.
The GiGi Student Starter kit is the best waxing kit you can buy for a smooth hair-free skin. GiGi was started in 1972 and since then has been a pioneer in making quality wax products for professional and personal use.
They offer a variety of wax products like Brazilian Body Hard wax, Creme wax, Honee wax, Facial Honee wax, All Purpose Hard wax, Azulene wax and even microwaveable Brazilian wax.
The GiGi student starter kit is a great way to start waxing for students or for those new to waxing. They can learn to perform a complete waxing service using professional grade products at home.
At home-waxing is tempting once you overlook the temporary pain. It is important to know the basics of waxing and the correct procedure to get that smooth hair-free skin with no burns or ingrown hairs.
So before you use your new Gigi wax kit, go through our essential steps and tips to have a wonderful waxing experience!
Contents of GiGi Student Starter Waxing Kit
The GiGi wax kit contains
- A wax warmer
- All Purpose Honee (14oz. wax)
- One bottle of Pre Hon (cleanser to prepare the skin)
- One bottle of Pre-Epilation Powder
- One bottle of Wax Off (removes excess wax after epilation)
- One bottle of Slow Grow (keeps hair from growing back too quickly)
- One set of wax spatulas, and muslin paper strips.
How to Use GiGi Student Starter Waxing Kit
Once you have the Gigi waxing kit, it is time to get started. Here is what you need to follow.
1. Prepare Hair-The ideal hair length for wax to grip and remove hair from the roots is around 0.25 inch to .075 inch. If hair is shorter than 0.25 inch, wax may not stick properly to remove it completely.
Neither it is good to have hair longer than 0.75 inch, as it can cause more pain and breakage. So make sure hair length is appropriate and if not you can use a trimmer to get the desired length.
2. Prepare Skin- Make your skin ready for waxing by cleansing it with the GiGi Pre-Hon cleanser. The cleanser removes any make up creams, deodorants and body oils from your skin and allow the wax to adhere better to the hair being removed.
It has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory ingredients that protects your skin from irritation. Wax should be applied on dry skin only. Use the pre-epilation powder to absorb moisture and oils to make your skin ideal for waxing.
3. Prepare Wax- Affix the disposable collar provided around the neck of the GiGi wax can. The collar makes it easy to clean any spilled wax. Open the can lid and place the can to the wax warmer.
Most 14 oz. wax cans will fit comfortably in the wax warmer. Cover with it with the see through wax warmer lid. Switch on the wax warmer and choose required heating setting.
You can put it on high temperature initially and once the wax melts, put it on the lower temperature setting. It takes around 20-30 min to melt the wax depending on the wax type you use.
Check if the wax temperature is comfortable for spreading by applying a small dab to the inside of your wrist with a spatula. Ensure it is not too hot (you may burn your hand) nor too cold (wax won’t spread).
4. Apply Wax-Once the temperature is right, scoop a thin layer of wax with a wooden spatula and apply on the waxing area. You can use the bigger applicator for larger areas such as legs and smaller ones for areas like eyebrows.
Always make sure you are applying the wax in the direction of the hair’s natural growth. If hair is growing in many directions, such as the bikini area, work in small sections, applying the wax only in the direction of the hair’s growth.
5. Remove Wax-Use the muslin paper strips to remove the applied wax. Position it where you have enough room to grab and pull it with one quick, fluid motion in the opposite direction of your hair growth.
You can reuse the same strip to grab hair from other areas. To reduce pain and discomfort, you can stretch the skin tight before removing the wax. Applying pressure to the area with hand will also reduce any pain caused by the pulling.
6. Repeat- Repeat the above steps covering all the areas to be waxed. Don’t wax the same area more than once as it can damage the skin.
7. Post Waxing-Once you have completed waxing, use the GiGi wax-off solution with a cotton pad to remove any wax residue from the skin. You can also use baby oils, cooling gels or post-waxing creams to reduce pain or any skin irritation.
At-Home Waxing Tips
- Be careful not to use any strong soap or makeup products on your skin for at least 24 hours after waxing to avoid any irritation. Avoid sun exposure and other strenuous activities for a day.
- You can use tweezers to pick stray hairs not removed by waxing to get uniform result. If you have ingrown hairs, it is not advised to pick them using a tweezer. Still if you feel like plucking them, use only sterilized tweezers.
- You should try to do waxing at night or in the evening, so that any swelling will be healed by morning. If you are worried about the pain, you can use any numbing creams before waxing.
- Regular exfoliation is recommended for preventing ingrown hairs. Exfoliation removes the dirt and dead cells making your skin smoother and softer. This makes waxing less painful and more effective.
- Keep your skin well moisturized before and after waxing to prevent skin from tearing and causing any discomfort while waxing. Make sure you don't apply wax over acnes, cuts or burnt skin.
Check out this video on how to use a GiGi waxing kit.
We hope that the above instructions can help you to use the GiGi Student Starter kit with more confidence.
With more practice you can easily get rid of all unwanted hair like a salon professional from the privacy and comfort of your home.
Laura Jones is our chief editor and driving force behind this blog. She also works as a beauty consultant specializing in research and development of innovative and new age beauty products.She believes that sharing knowledge is the best way to improve the quality of life.